There’s plenty of evidence that knitting and crochet improve your mental health, helps you resist arthritic changes to your hands and maybe keeps various age related nasties at bay. But as any knitter will tell you, the prime reason we do it, is that it makes us happy!
- When we hand over a little bundle of lovely, soft, pastel coloured hand-made things for a new baby.
- When we’re snuggled under a blanket on the sofa.
- When our necks are warm and our ears cosy as the winter winds bite.
- When our grand/children are running around in bright and unique hand-knits with love in every stitch.
- When the waiting room at the hospital is full and we think there is at least another four people in front of us, but our sock is nearly finished.
- When the telly is a bit rubbish, but that’s the second sleeve done!
- When we have a new project to plan!